Translate

Saturday 10 August 2013

Trials and Tribulations

Well after the calibration 25mm cube looked good i  thought id get straight into printing but i realised stuff aint just as simple as i found out when i broke my z top  hence in the picture a new one printed
i also ditched the duct fan i feel the temps of j head barrel are as norm no problems there, i had issue with the brass nuts on z but luckily it threaded but not the rods luckily also tightened the belt up on this bridged part which I held my breath for but it went ok part works

i attempted the y plate belt holder twice one with wrong tooth spacing and one which was it'll do so calibration prints as a part arrived which is very nice but to mine difered so i started back to basic with single wall box after messing up the firmware here are the pics even my missus helped to thankyou babes
heres a collection

anyway the top right corner was the last print before someone turn of retraction and re print so i did and heres the result 

Its good no breaks I know I am extruding too much plastic this was at 0.4 layer heights and width was set at 0.53 now the look at the fist is squished and the width of the walls was 0.63 so my diagnosis should be lessen the E steps as i know i have set it high on purpose because earlier attempts indicated that not enough was being extruded and where i recently i changed the value from 867 steps to 667 and that was from measuring 100mm at the start of calibration to work out correct e steps which was 667.14 so on..
but doing this test showed that was way out so i put it back to normal which i will calibrate next oh it deformed cos I never really let it cooled when I was taking it of plate


No comments:

Post a Comment